Want to start a small business, or get your business back on track?
If you are an aspiring small business owner wanting to start a business or struggling with business recovery, support is available to get you back on track.
The LaunchMe program is available to people living in the East Gippsland and Northeast Victoria regions.
This FREE business coaching program is aimed at supporting individuals and communities who have been directly or indirectly impacted by bushfires or other circumstances, to develop their business ideas or to rebuild and recover.
Eligible individuals will receive regular business coaching with a dedicated coach to help build their business.
What you get:
- 1:1 personalised business coaching
- Tools and resources to become business ready including LaunchMe’s online learning platform
- Business skills and knowledge
- Support from a network of business experts such as legal practitioners, marketing specialists and accountants
- Referrals to Good Shepherd’s financial wellbeing services and external business professionals.
- Funding assistance may be available of up to $1,000 to support business goals.
- In addition, participants in the East Gippsland region may be eligible to apply for a No Interest Business Loan of up to $5,000. (T&Cs apply)
What some LaunchMe graduates have to say
“Starting and building a business at times is a very lonely process, having somebody who can help is invaluable…For me the most valuable aspect of the meeting is the opportunity to be able to discuss any business related matter and get non-biased opinion from a professional friendly person. The financial support is crucial in achieving advertising goals I have set.”
“Having someone, who knows about business, to guide and inform me along the way was wonderful and the financial assistance provided here and there to pay for things like business name registration, website fees and consultations with other professionals, such as accountants or lawyers, is extremely helpful. I can’t thank my LaunchMe coach enough for all of their support and commitment to making my business dreams a reality.”
“The proudest moment I had in the business was to open an ABN in Australia with LaunchMe’s help. When Covid-19 hit, LaunchMe helped me do a training course, I then did an interview for a job and I got the job. Maybe after 6 months the travel industry will re-open again. I have the ABN, I will obtain a business name and I will start promoting Australian travel more, with the contacts I have the skills I have learned from here.”
Am I eligible?
You need to meet ONE of the below criteria:
- You are an Individual, microenterprise or sole trader residing in East Gippsland or North East Victoria (See eligible locations in the webform below)
- You earn under $60,000 (before tax) or hold a health care card or pension card OR
- You have a business which turns over $75,000 per annum or less
Express your interest - LaunchMe East Gippsland and Northeast VIC
This program is jointly funded by the Victorian Government and Commonwealth Government under the Commonwealth-State Disaster Recovery Funding Arrangements (DRFA).